Thomas joined Barclays in 2009 in the EMEA Power, Utilities & Infrastructure team and has more than 25 years of investment banking work experience with Barclays, Citi and CA Investmentbank. He holds a Masters degree in Technical Mathematics from Vienna University of Technology and is a CFA charterholder.
Thomas is leading Barclays’ coverage of a number of large European utilities and advises on European M&A and capital raises in the sector including various projects in the gas transmission and distribution segment. Over the last two years he has also initiated a dialogue with developers and project companies on debt and equity capital raises in the hydrogen space.
Selected Recent Transactions
- Advisor to Swisslife and Gelsenwasser on the acquisition of Infrareal (2021)
- Advisor to RWE on a €2bn primary equity offering (2020)
- Advisor to Verbund on the acquisition of a 51% stake in GCA from OMV (2020)
- Advisor to Fortum on their acquisition of stakes in Uniper (2017, 2019)
- Advisor to a consortium of ACP, OMERS and AXA on their acquisition of 49.99% in SFR FttH (2019)
- Advisor to EDF on the sale of a minority stake of their UK Wind Portfolio (2018)
- Advisor to RWE and EnBW on the sale of Hungarian power plant Matrai (2018)
- Advisor to VNG on acquisition of 16.5% stake in EUGAL via their subsidiary Ontras (2017)
- Modelling the Short, Medium and Long Term Price of Renewable Energy