Reducing Risk in PPAs
Time: 15:50 - 16:20
- Credit and legal risks can hinder the signing of an offtake agreement. So how can these risks be mitigated and priced in a volatile market? This panel discusses how to approach this:
- What strategies are developers using to optimize revenue contracting?
- At what stage are developers approaching the market to secure offtake?
- How to use information on counterparties’ balance sheets, track record for fulfilling obligations and reputation for negotiating an offtake agreement
- Identifying the main legal risks when signing different types of offtake structures
- Best practice for calculating credit risk and implementing different credit enhancement strategies
- Methods to share and transfer risk between counterparties
- Which offtake structures mitigate price risk best?
- How to budget for price volatility?
- Vinh Thông Le Nhut Director – Group Energy Projects - Digital Realty